Under-23 Competitive Racing Program
Tentative Program dates: TBD for 2020
If your goals are to have opportunities to compete over the summer, improve your rowing skills to medal at next year’s IRA, NCAA or Dad Vail Regatta or simply to have a new life experience in a city rich with culture and history, consider Vesper Boat Club as your summer home.
Unique summer program with the potential to be part of an established elite racing squad.
Vesper Boat Club is shaking up the traditional collegiate summer experience. Vesper is looking for experienced and talented rowers to join in with the Vesper High Performance Year Round Team. In this unique program, selected athletes will become part of the HP team for the summer. Athletes will have opportunities to train with the squad and race with the squad.
Athletes with top potential may also have an opportunity to race at trials for a spot on the U23 National Team at the U23 World Championship trials. The goal of this program is to help athletes improve their technique and put their skills to the test at a few select races. With a focus on small boat rowing, we believe we can offer a more unique and productive atmosphere than anywhere else in the country. Athletes in the program will also have opportunities to mix in with our year round athletes and coaches and get a feel for rowing at the top level of the sport!
We’re confident that the athletes who attend our programs will return to their universities as fitter, highly technical, and experienced racers.
U23 Heavyweight Men
• 4-6 athletes to join our year round Men’s program
U23 Heavyweight Women
• 8-12 athletes will focus primarily on sweep with some sculling and potential to mix in with our year round Women’s program.
U23 Lightweight Men
• 4-6 athletes to join our year round Lightweight Men’s program
U23 Lightweight Women
• 4-6 athletes to join our year round Lightweight Women’s program
• Independence Day Regatta Philadelphia PA
• Royal Canadian Henley Regatta: St. Catherines, Ontario (Canada) (TRAVEL REGATTA – Passport required)
• Optional: Depending on the mix of athletes in the program, select athletes could be sent to race at US Rowing U23 World Championship Trials or to US Rowing Club Nationals
Program fee of $900 includes: coaching, domestic regatta entry fees, full access to boathouse/equipment and Boathouse Sports gear package that includes a Vesper Unisuit, shirt and hat.
*Travel to, and rooming accommodations at non-Philadelphia-local regattas is NOT included in this fee, and is the responsibility of the individual.
**Affordable housing options may be available on a first come first serve basis and space is limited. Housing costs are not included in the program fees.
For more information about this program, please contact the Head Coach (peta dot mansfeld at gmail dot com).